Monday 26 August 2013

Today's Blog- Bank holiday Monday treats!

Hey guys hope your all okay, and for the ones of you in the UK having a lovely bank holiday Monday!  

Today I went black berry picking with my brother and sister! Its another beautiful sunny day, and most of blackberries have ripened so we strolled down the road to the hedges which are loaded in blackberries! 

We spent about two hours picking blackberries, our hands were purple after it! We pick two whole bowls full and there would have properly been three bowls but we ate a lot of them! We strolled back home. It is so warm, it lovely walking through the country lanes in the sunshine, barely anyone was up this morning because its bank holiday Monday, so it was peaceful as well. 

When we got home we washed them and put half in the freezer and the other half in the fridge. Then Abigail and Levi got on their bikes and cycled down to their friends house, while I stayed at home and cleaned my room, started on the iron bench parts... 


My great granddad worked in the ship yards and he made two iron bench holders and made a bench for my great grandma so she could sit in the garden. So during the years it has ended up at our house. So today I decided I would sand down the pieces and start making a bench out of them! So for most of the day I've been in a pair of overalls. (I'll put some pictures up when I have finished it!)

When I had finished and had a shower mum had made us a huge roast dinner which was delicious! 
  

Thanks for reading, love you all! Jess xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment